- We have openings forseveral part-timeFOOD TRANSPORTER/DELIVERY DRIVER positions.
- Location: Chartwells K-12 @ Duval County Public Schools - Nutrition Services, 3405 Norman E Thaggard Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32205 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: P/T, hours & days will be determined at a later date.
- Requirement: Must have a valid state driver's license. CDL is required for larger trucks, and the smaller vehicles only require DOT certification (non-CDL). Delivery driving experience is preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. Thats about 2.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; its our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Summary: Delivers food, supplies and other products to units and areas of service using a vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picks up requisitioned supplies from staging clerk.
- Receives completed production orders from staging clerk. Inventories items to ensure completion of production orders.
- Loads orders onto truck with assistance of staging clerks in a safe, orderly manner.
- Unloads requisitioned materials at delivery site.
- Follows sanitation and safety guidelines when handling food and equipment.
- Ensures hot and cold food items are kept in compliance with company standards and meet all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Collects empty containers and rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Responsible for general cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Performs routine maintenance on truck.
- Interacts with coworkers to ensure company service standards.
- Provides quality customer service via one-on-one attention to detail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and a valid food handler's permit where required.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 131458
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 18220408 jacksonville