Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 12:04 AM
Company Name:Pogo's Kitchen
Employment Type Full-Time
An exciting Executive Chef opportunity exists in newly established Southern Fusion restaurant on a paradise island in Florida (Amelia Island, Florida). Pogo’s Kitchen is currently under construction and slated to open in January of 2018. Pogo’s, a southern fusion kitchen, is an 85 (indoor and outdoor) seat full service restaurant. The future is blindingly bright for the right person. This is a ground floor opportunity to assist in creating the number one dining destination on the island. We are only limited by our own vision. We are a nontraditional organization that values hard work, fun and success. If this is your dream, please apply.
The Executive Chef is responsible for the daily operation of the kitchen in a lunch and dinner restaurant and reports to the General Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
• General - Smile a lot, sing a little, dance daily—you have just landed your dream job.
• Food Safety/Sanitation - Priority one. Kitchen must always be inspection ready.
• Customer Relations - Delight customers both internal and external so at the end of their dining experience they are planning their return trip.
• Purchasing - Ensure food and non-food supplies are ordered, received and managed for the maximum benefit of the business.
• Inventory - Control food/supplies stock levels by routine counting and data examination. Track and minimize waste.
• Personnel - Hire, train and develop highly responsible kitchen team that works together to create a customer experience that makes the customer want to return before they leave.
• Fun - Life is short--smiles and laughter are required in this venue. Enjoying your work creates the best experience for you and our guests.
• Safety - Create an environment which everyone is responsible for the well-being of others.
• Regulatory compliance - Employees must follow the rules, but let’s make them want to, not have to.
• Quality/consistency - No exceptions, no excuses, always best on the island.
• Continuous Improvement - Can we do it better? Yes we can! If it isn’t broke, make it better. If it’s broke, you know what to do.
• Marketing - Promote the brand to the Island and beyond! Community-focused—without our community we are nothing.
• Maintenance - Dependable systems come from cleaning and maintaining them. Manage preventive maintenance and cleaning schedules
• Menu Development - Menus and trends change we must change to maintain and grow our customer base. Menu cost analysis is a required part of development.
• Administration - Someone has to organize and complete the paperwork, lucky you
• Necessary (evil) work skills/competencies
• Communicate, not just talk, but convey information in a usable manner (on paper, electronically and in person)
•Computer skills (restaurant POS, excel, email, word)—the electronic basics
• Data-driven decisions—Use data and good judgment to make decisions; analyze what you have done and make it better
• Team leader –works well and plays well with others to make the Pogo’s Kitchen the best.
• Planning, organization, execution are necessary tools you should bring along.
• Self-starting- makes a difference it also can be infectious.
• Strong work ethic to get it all done- willing to do it all—and doing it on time
• High Energy with stress tolerance—
• Adaptability and Flexibility –sometimes the tune changes in the middle of a song
Experience and Education
The preferred Executive Chef is a superstar and has past Executive Chef experience. A superstar who has Southern Fusion Cuisine experience (New Orleans to Miami to Charleston to Sante Fe) would be magical. Three to five years as an Executive Chef would be enough for us. A degree in Culinary Arts would also get our attention. We need someone who can manage the kitchen operations at Pogo’s Kitchen, but we are planning more retail food related operations that will require oversight—so this is just the start of something big. Plus, we believe in dreams so if you have one, bring it, because you can realize it here.
Please submit resume’ and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include salary expectations/salary history as well as professional references.
Company address: 1408 Lewis Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
• Location: Amelia Island, FL, Jacksonville
• Post ID: 17589598 jacksonville