- We have an opening for a full-timeCHEF, PASTRY-HRLYposition.
- Location: St. Vincent's Medical Center, 1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville, FL 32204 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T, must be available to work weekends & holidays.
- Requirement: Relevantbaking experience is required.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
TouchPoint Support Services, a member of Compass Group, is dedicated to providing hospitality services in the healthcare & senior living markets. We provide our customers with food & nutrition services, environmental services, patient transportation, laundry & linen processing, and valet parking. All of the associates in our organization are bonded together by a commitment to provide our patients, residents, guests, and customers with the very best hospitality experience by serving the needs of others through our brand promise, compassion at every point of human contact.
Full-time associates at TouchPoint are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Creates, plans and supervises the daily production of top-quality pastries, desserts and baked goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the daily production and distribution of all pastries, desserts and baked goods.
- Ensures recipes and standards are followed, food costs are controlled and appropriate quantity is prepared based on established production needs.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance and sanitation of the pastry kitchen and equipment to ensure a work environment that meets/exceeds federal, state and corporate standards and regulations.
- Supervises hourly kitchen/pastry associates, including interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as appropriate.
- Helps plan and implement seasonal menus.
- Orders and maintains pastry supplies and products to ensure appropriate inventory levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 131239
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 18195288 jacksonville