• Responsible for the organization of and efficiency of workflow processes in the frozen section and gross examination areas.
• Triage specimen received from surgery; dictate gross findings on selected specimen using appropriate terminology; refer tissue sections for microscopic review by Pathologist or Resident.
• Select and identify tissue for microscopic study; determine proper fixative solutions in which tissue will be maintained.
• Perform specialized procedures such as frozen sections and decalcification; maintain and coordinate specimen and records for specialized procedures using appropriate protocols; submit request for special histological procedures and special stains when appropriate.
• Maintain records of surgical pathology specimen dissections and dictation; assist in the compilation of reports for surgical pathology; label and store gross tissue specimen.
• Photograph specimen samples as appropriate for use in instruction and documentation. Perform photo microscopy on cases considered for interdepartmental conferences or for teaching purposes; maintain complete and accurate records of all gross and microscopic photographs.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=23110-56820&lang=en
• Post ID: 14697063 jacksonville