What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible for Dark Fiber / Ethernet backhaul engineering to support wireless backhaul team in deployment of CRAN network.
- Problem solver and go to person for team members regarding technical matters pertaining to Dark Fiber, Ethernet, and CRPI technologies.
- Perform detailed CRAN network design, capacity monitoring, network audits, configurations development, and documentation for network infrastructure while adhering to defined standards in design and configurations.
- Work with vendors such as Nokia, Cisco, Fujitsu, Ciena on an ongoing basis to ensure that Verizon Wireless requirements are engineered properly and achieving optimal performance.
- Work on a regular basis with personnel in other internal and external organizations for associated projects.
- Cross project interaction with other members in the team is an integral part of this role.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Small Cell, CRAN, CPRI.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Five or more years of Dark Fiber route engineering, operations and/or qualification experience in Service Provider or large Enterprise IP networks
- Experience with engineering and tuning of Ethernet/IP networks supporting delay & jitter sensitive applications and high network availability.
- NRS II, CCNP, JNCIP, or higher IP certifications.
- Experience Coding and/or Webpage development.
- Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco or Juniper certifications.
- Expert level experience with mapping tools and network data repositories.
- Proven experience implementing large scale telecommunications infrastructure projects, Expert Project Management skills.
- Understanding and experience engineering, implementing and/or operating many of the following: Ethernet switching, MPLS, Epipe, I-Pipe, RSVP-TE, VPNs, QoS, CoS, IS-IS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, LDP, Rfc2544, IPv6, PWE3, Generic Framing Procedure, Ethernet-over-SONET, Native Ethernet, TDM.
- Hands-on expertise and in-depth platform understanding JDSU or Brix test equipment.
- Knowledge of OTDR and Fiber Characteristics testing.
- Understanding of and experience with AC and DC electrical systems.
- Understanding of and experience with bonding and grounding for lightning protection.
- Understanding and experience with Granite (Xng) circuit tracking system.
- Excellent communicator, quick learner, have good presentation and interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and be a good team player. Ability to travel periodically to work one-on-one with operations staff and peers.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6751147-interconnect-engineer
• Post ID: 16926728 jacksonville