Director - MDS / St Catherine Laboure Manor / FT Day - St. Vincent's Healthcare, FL (Jacksonville,
Job ID: 202587
Director - MDS / St Catherine Laboure Manor / FT Day
Additional Job Information
Title: Director - MDS
City, State: Jacksonville, FL
Location: St Catherine Laboure Manor
Department: Administration 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day, 80 hours, Bi-Weekly
St. Vincent s HealthCare, part of Ascension, is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system that has served the people of Jacksonville, Florida and the surrounding communities since 1873. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, St. Vincent s HealthCare is widely recognized for delivering personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech.
Collects data for use in determining care plans, compliance with treatment norms and privacy standards, and in supplying information to third parties.
- Ensures the accuracy of patient charts and medical data. Works as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state and local standards and regulations for long-term care, such as those for certification, licensure and accreditation, Medicare, and state Medicaid.
- Participates in all aspects of the CMS survey process including pre-survey preparation, actual survey, and post-survey plan of correction when requested. Promotes survey preparedness at all times.
- Trains individuals to develop a comprehensive care plan for facility residents in coordination with the MDS that accurately addresses the needs of residents.
- Direct the overall operations of the MDS department at the community to ensure compliance with all ASL guidelines, policies, procedures and federal/state regulations.
- Ensure the overall management of all PPS assessments in regards to accurately setting, opening, completing and submitting timely. Ensure the dissemination of any new or updated materials regarding the RAI and/or Federal and State regulations.
- Ensure Medicare beneficiary are evaluated to determine continued and appropriate Medicare eligibility and benefit period through regular communications with Regional Director of MDS, Director of Rehab, IDT and Business Office.
- Ensure coordination of timely and thorough updates for Managed Care skilled residents as dictated by each Managed Care company and assisting with the completion of MDS Coordinator job role and responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Resident Assessment Coordinator (RAC-CT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Department of Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
- 6+ years experience required; MDS 3.0 experience required.Progressive experience in a long term care setting preferred.
- 3 - 5 years MDS experience within the last 5 years Strongly Preferred
- Long Term Care experience Strongly Preferred
How To Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
• Post ID: 18330213 jacksonville