Technologist - Mammographer / St. Vincent s / SVM-St Vincent's Riverside / PRN / Rotating - St.
Job ID: 209846
Technologist - Mammographer / St. Vincent s / SVM-St Vincent's Riverside / PRN / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Title: Technologist - Mammographer
City, State: Jacksonville, FL
Location: SVM-St Vincent's Riverside
Department: Breast Health Services 001
Additional Job Details: PRN, Rotating, Bi-Weekly
St. Vincent s HealthCare, part of Ascension, is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system that has served the people of Jacksonville, Florida and the surrounding communities since 1873. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, St. Vincent s HealthCare is widely recognized for delivering personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech.
Provides mammography imaging services.
- Operates X-ray equipment and performs various mammography related procedures. Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Explains procedures and educates patients about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develops and evaluates the film for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Functions as a liaison for Breast Health Services with patients, family members, physicians, other hospital departments and community. Represents the Breast Health Center at community functions and breast cancer support activities.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies: State, Federal and Local, and Joint Commission, MQSA, FDA and ACR.
- Provides high quality digital mammography service in the Breast Health Center or on the Mobile unit. Submits quality images to PACS, evaluates images on Hologic workstation and expertly operates digital workstation.
- Advocate - Breast Health and Breast Health Liaison - Functions as care coordinator between BHS, patients, family members and physicians. Provides referrals and support for women diagnosed with breast disease and those who are uninsured or underinsured. Develops and implements strategies and tactics for providing support to patients and the community. Provides educational support for early detection, imaging procedures and other service that provide patients with the assistance they need to make educated decisions regarding their care.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Radiology Technician credentialed from the Florida Department of Health, licensure or eligible.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered Radiologic Technologist licensure required.Mammography registry preferred.
- Technical School
- Graduate of an accredited Radiography program required
- 2+ years Mammography Technologist experience required.
How To Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
Associated topics: bsn, hospice, infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical
• Post ID: 18389462 jacksonville