Agency: Department of Education
Working Title: ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY - 48004285
Salary: $1871.13 (MONTHLY)
Posting Closing Date: 09/06/2017
DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
AREA 2,JACKSONVILLE/UNIT 08B
Position Number: 48004285
Minimum Hiring Salary: $1871.13 Monthly
This Advertisement may be used to fill current and future vacancies for up to 6 months.
*The salary may be negotiable dependent upon years of experience, education level and available salary rate.
This position typically hired at the pre-broadband salary minimum of $1,871.13 per month ($22,453.60 annually).
OFFICE LOCATION:JACKSONVILLE, FL
BACKGROUND SCREENING REQUIREMENT It is the policy of the Florida Department of Education that applicants for employment undergo level 2 employment screening in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 435, Florida Statutes, as a condition of employment or being permitted to serve as a volunteer.
All applicants for employment or to volunteer who are selected for an interview will be provided with the Consent to Background screening form for level 2 screening, the Affidavit of Good Moral Character, and the Notice of Rights. The leading candidate for employment or to volunteer will be required to execute the Consent form and Affidavit, report to a designated location, and submit fingerprints for level 2 screening.
No applicant for a designated position will be employed or permitted to volunteer until the level 2 screening results are received, reviewed, and approved by the Department.
Level 2 background screening shall include, but not be limited to, fingerprinting for statewide criminal and juvenile records checks through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and federal criminal records checks through the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and may include local criminal records checks through local law enforcement agencies.
Applicants interested in information about The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and The Department of Education or the State of Florida can utilize the attached links to web sites such as the DVR Rehab works site (link removed), the DOE homepage (link removed), the Department of Management Services website (link removed), or the My Florida homepage (link removed).
(Note: The omission of specific job duties does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
This position is responsible for performing a variety of complex technical secretarial duties. Assists the unit in organizing, coordinating, and establishing priorities for daily office activities.
Primary responsibilities include facilitating the unit support operation, assisting the VR Supervisor in organizing, coordinating and prioritizing for unit activities for maximum efficiency and accuracy in the provision of VRS services for employment outcomes. The incumbent will access client information, maintain case records, produce correspondence, and perform other automated functions within the scope of the position's responsibilities.
- Reviews and audits administrative actions regarding authorizations, contracts, travel/training reimbursements, personnel actions, purchase requisitions, supporting documents, leave and attendance records, unit management information data, and other reporting documents required by state or federal regulations or policy. Identifies and develops strategies with unit team to ensure accurate and efficient processes within the unit.
- Assists supervisor in implementing and providing effective and efficient use of financial resources. Examines needs and projects unit expenditures based upon team participation, tracks unit budget, and orders supplies for unit on a timely basis.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support services to the unit supervisor, counselors, and other associates as needed for the benefit of individuals with disabilities. This includes the scheduling and notification of appointments, the preparation and signing of routine correspondence, preparation and processing of authorizations and other activities required for employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities. Develops and uses a team approach to unit operations.
- Provides technical assistance to supervisor and associates to facilitate unit work. Reviews unit processes to facilitate and assist in the implementation of administrative improvements to enhance client service provision.
- Contacts internal and external customers, responds to requests for information, gathers data, schedules appointments and coordinates meeting arrangements.
- Assists supervisor in preparation of personnel packets, vacancy advertisements, work modules, schedules interviews, participates in interviews, makes administrative support recommendations, checks references, and compiles recommendation packets.
- Assists supervisor in personnel inquires and actions for the unit, including but not limited to performance appraisals, insurance benefits, and leave and attendance.
- Provides support staff training to internal customers. Participates in training activities to enhance competency in unit team administrative processes to improve responses to internal and external customers.
- Performs related work as required.
Attendance is an essential function of this position.
Minimum Qualifications or contact us at email@example.com
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 18220348 jacksonville