Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 10:39 PM
Agency: Military Affairs
Working Title: Administrative Assistant I :
Salary: 21, : 25,
Posting Closing Date: 09/11/2017
DEPARTMENT OF MILITARY AFFAIRS
Office of the Adjutant General
St. Francis Barracks, P.O. Box 1008
St. Augustine, FL
Directorate: STATE HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
Position Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Job Status: Full:Time
21, : 25,
Appointment Type: Career Service (CS) : Included
Work Location: St. Francis Barracks (SFB) : St. Augustine, FL
Vacancies: Open Competitive
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. on closing date
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
New employees of the Department of Military Affairs will be required to pass a pre:employment drug screening.
New employees of the Department of Military Affairs are required to participate in a direct deposit/electronic transfer program.
An Associates degree from an accredited college or university and one year of administrative experience OR
High School Diploma or equivalent and three years experience providing clerical and administrative support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform Administrative functions assisting the Human Resources Office in accomplishing its goals and
enforcing Federal Law, State Law, and agency policy.
* Responsible for creating and up keeping of personnel files, to include new hires, terminations, and time and attendance.
* Provides organizational support to include: filing, typing, calendaring, meeting minutes, and tracking of
various metrics utilizing spreadsheets.
* Review HR records, reports, correspondence, etc., for accuracy; recommend solutions and make corrections.
* Sorts and distributes interoffice mail; maintain knowledge on procedures for certified and registered
* Maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and urgency in all efforts.
* Monitors and reports all potential violations to the DMAs need to know Access Policy to the HR Director.
* Continuously review, correct, purge, upkeep, and validate official Personnel Records for accuracy.
* Maintain and update HR Share Point site and HRs shared drive.
* Establish, develop, maintain, and update files HR files; retrieves information when requested.
* Accountable for HRs purchasing and major office functions and maintenance (toner, copier, fax, etc.)
* Answer phone calls and directs them to appropriate parties or take messages; works in cooperation with
other HR staff to cover work phones.
* Direct foot traffic and visitors.
* Maintain daily security of office safes and key control.
*Assist Payroll Coordinator with records management
*Provides other administrative support as needed
ENTRY LEVEL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (Note: The knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) identified in this class specification represent those needed to perform the duties of this class. Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities may be applicable for individual positions in the employing agency.)
Knowledge of administrative principal and practices.
Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
Knowledge of the methods of data collection.
Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data relating to administrative functions such as accounting, personnel, purchasing or report writing.
Ability to prepare correspondence and administrative reports.
Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Ability to utilize problem:solving techniques.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to plan, organize and coordi
• Location: Jacksonville, saint augustine
• Post ID: 18484117 jacksonville