We are a growing construction company, seeking an Individual who is talented, industrious and mature to join our team at our corporate office in Jacksonville, Florida. **This position will start as a Part-time (30 Hrs/wk) but can grow into a Full-time position over time! This position reports to the Controller and requires a strong command of social skills and readiness to collaborate with others. Please read this entire job description prior to sending your resume. The perfect candidate has done bookkeeping for 4+ years employing the use of Quick Books and Excel on a daily basis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares financial reports, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Sustain collections of historical records by organizing documents
- Accounts Receivable – creation of invoices, Issuing account statements, recording payments
- Assist in overseeing and managing general ledger accuracy.
- Creating Ad-hoc reports and supervise / collaborate on special projects as requested
- Maintain Excel files that rely on the maintenance or creation of PivotTables and VLOOKUP functions
- Assist with Payroll processes
- Accounts Payable, reviewing cost codes for accuracy, ensuring suppliers are paid in an accurate and timely manner
- Assistant project managers and customers, compiling the necessary documents to full-fill government regulations. Maintaining those records and verifying that the process is completed.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Distributes checks in exchange for lien waivers (where applicable)
- Reconciles financial discrepancies, collecting and analyzing account information
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Shared responsibility of answering office phones.
Qualifications and Skills
- Accounting aptitude required
- Must be organized and fine attention to detail and a neat handwriting skills
- Detail orientated in all aspects of the job
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Office, and Excel
- Keep an email inbox organized
- Experience in payroll
- Experience in accounts payable
- Experience in accounts receivable
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Possess exceptional analytical, organizational skills
- Experience in collections
- Experience in monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Curiosity and aptitude for business operations and a willingness to work in a position that offers variety from day to day.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Office, and Excel. This will be tested during the interview.
- Associate degree with emphasis on accounting or a minimum of 4 years experience in the Construction industry or an equivalent combination of education, training and/ or experience in the Construction industry.
Submit resume, educational records and references
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Accounting: 3 years
• Post ID: 21422327 jacksonville